If I disagree with the findings of the investigation from the report, can I appeal and to whom?

If either party disagrees with the decision of the above resolution options, they may appeal the decision. The pathway of appeal will depend on their position in UBC (e.g. student, staff, faculty), guided by procedures established by collective agreements of employment for staff and faculty or the UBC Senate Student Appeals on Academic Discipline Committee for students. Depending on the case, there may be recourse through agencies outside UBC, such as the provincial Ombuds Office or the B.C.  Human Rights Tribunal. This is outlined in policy SC7 and SC17, sections 7 and 8, respectively. In addition, all students, staff members, and faculty can seek legal redress on their own behalf.